Monday, April 20, 2009

Tourism Best Practice Mission - Day 1

I have the privilage this week of participating in a Tourism Best Practice Mission to the Shenandoah Valley area of Virginia. The mission is focused on "Iconic Touring Product" and how a region in Virginia has capitalized on it to develop and grow it's tourism industry.

Today I flew from Halifax to Washington Dulles airport where after a number of delays I eventually linked up with a many of my fellow participants to be shuttled to the George Washington Hotel in Winchester, Virginia where we first met as a group for dinner. The itinerary for the week ahead is quite full, but looks like it will be quite interesting and applicable for our region of Nova Scotia.

I will make a few more posts during the coming week to share some of what we have experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment